The Handy Cricket, a tiny microcontroller great for all sorts of robotic
projects, is now available. Please see the links below!
||What is the Handy Cricket?
||Quick guides and project ideas
||Handy Cricket programming reference
||Bus Port expansion devices
||The Handy Cricket FAQ
||How can I get a Handy Cricket?
||Build sensors and motors
||Cricket discussion group on Yahoo
- Handy/Super Cricket site is now in archive mode. Dear all, this site is no longer being updated. Thank you for all of your engagement with the Crickets when they were a thing. Please let me know if you're still using them! Yours, Fred Martin, email@example.com. (May 14, 2020)
- The Cricket
USB IR Beamer is available. Now you can talk to your Cricket
using a USB interfaceno more USB-serial adapter cables!
(Sun May 11 08:53:42 2008)
- The Super
Cricket is released! The Super Cricket runs 4 DC motors, 8
servos, and has 6 sensor inputs.
- The long-awaited
8-Servo Controller Board is now available!
(posted Fri Sep 3 17:10:00 2004)
- New release of
Cricket Logo software for PC. Changes are faster and more reliable
code download, plus a new Cricket Data Upload module.
Click here for software download page (updated Wednesday, 19-Jul-2006 07:24:07 PDT).
- New Lamp/Relay Driver Board! This is the
second Bus Device to be launched for the Handy Cricket. See the LED/Lamp Information Page.
(updated Saturday, 02-Jul-2005 04:38:05 PDT).
- Rahul Bhargava, a recent MIT Media Lab graduate, has released Jackal, a new
version of Cricket Logo with a pretty interface and syntax coloring.
(updated Tuesday, 21-Jan-2003 14:18:10 PST).
- A Links page is now available. There's only
one link presently listed, but it's a good one!
(updated Tuesday, 21-Jan-2003 14:13:50 PST).
- The first Bus Device for the Handy Cricket is
launchedthe 4-Digit LED Number
Display! They are $29 each from Gleason Research.
(updated Sunday, 30-Jun-2002 07:24:48 PDT).
- The Handy Cricket
1.1 is now available! Please see the Handy Cricket 1.1 Info Page for details.
(updated Sunday, 23-Jun-2002 09:11:20 PDT).
- The Cricket FAQ is now database-driven and there are a number of
new entries. (updated Wednesday, 10-Jun-2009 21:01:44 PDT).
release of Logo Blocks for the Handy Cricket for PC!!
Click here for software download page
(updated Friday, 07-Jun-2002 21:10:41 PDT).
- New release of
Cricket Logo software for PC. Click here for software download page (updated Monday, 26-May-2008 08:33:20 PDT).
- For Cricket beginners, there is a one-page Introduction to Cricket Logo in the
Docs section (updated
Wednesday, 03-Jul-2002 11:46:52 PDT).
- There are Cricket bus implementation
details of in the Tech section (updated Thursday, 04-Mar-2004 09:59:26 PST).
- There's a hardware overview of the
Cricket in the Tech section (updated Friday, 22-Nov-2002 21:37:33 PST).
Thursday, 14-May-2020 14:22:23 PDT