91.411 Software Engineering I, Spring 2009
Prof. F. Martin
Out: Jan 26
Due: Jan 28 and Jan 30
This week we're going to evaluate Adobe Flex and decide if it's going to work for us.
Part One -- Due Weds
- Download/install Adobe Flex.
- Apply for complimentary student license.
- Go through tutorial for building the first two demo apps:
- Create a Simple RIA
- Exchanging Data
- Save your work to your "test" SVN repository -- ideally, along the way so you have multiple versions.
- Be prepared to discuss the technology in class on Weds
Part Two -- Due Fri
I am not sure if Flex will be good for videogame-like apps. I'd like to avoid having to drop into Flash to do this kind of stuff.
- Make a button that when clicked, plays a sound (presumably, this is easy)
- Make an object (e.g. an icon) that can be dragged around the screen with the mouse. When you click-n-drag, it follows the mouse pointer and then stays put when you let go
- Make an object (e.g., a ball) bounce around inside a boundary
- Make two objects that move on their own simultaneously.
- Upload to folder in your repository