In this problem set, you'll get more practice with accumulate, and work with the Scheme symbolic differentiator.
The material is available at https://grader.cs.uml.edu/assignments/361.
Before doing this problem set, read the following material:
1. Exercise 2.36 on pp. 120, accumulating with lists of lists.
2. Exercise 2.53 on pp. 144, testing
3. Exercise 2.54 on pp. 145, building your own version of
4. Exercise 2.55 on pp. 145, pushing the limits of
Small Implementation Projects
For the next two problems, refer to the symbolic differentiation code in the grader download.
5. Exercise 2.57 on pp. 151, extending the differentiator to handle arbitrary sums and products.
6. Exercise 2.58 on pp. 151, converting the differentiator to infix. Do subproblem (a) only.