May 2, 2014
Dota2 Match Viewer is a front end to show match statistics of Dota2 Games. This data is acquired via the internet and parsed from multiple JSON structures. Given a Match ID the viewer acquires, parses, and displays an output similar to other websites that already do this.
1/6 of the project grade is based on which concepts from OPL are demonstrated in your project. Please identify them here. Be brief; a simple list and one-sentence explanation for each concept should be adequate; e.g.:
- Data abstraction - setters and getters to interface with the JSON Match Object and JSON Users Objects
- Procedures as First Class Objects - Much of my code could be simplified, if I passed procedures into a general printing procedure, which also had a procedure that printed 5 more images to the screen.
- Object Orientation - the entire racket/gui library uses object orientation to create different widgets.
- ''JSON data is fetched from a URL
- ''Image data is used, and item / hero ids are translated from the JSON data, and parsed as images.
- ''The racket/gui Library
Project uses a lot of object orientation and data abstraction as an interface to extract the data from the json hash tables rather than just doing a direct translation from json -> output.