We'll be working through the Princeton assignment at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall13/cos126/assignments/nbody.html.
More details will be provided as their material assumes Java and we're using C++.
Here are the particular assignment requirements for us:
- You should build a command-line app which accepts the same parameters as the one specified, and reads the universe file from stdin. E.g., if your app is named
NBody, you would run it with:
NBody 157788000.0 25000.0 < planets.txt
- Please submit all files needed to build your project
.cpp, any header files, and a Makefile if you have one. If you are on Ubuntu and you didn't use a Makefile, include in your main file instructions on how to compile and link.
- Include the binary executable. If possible, set to link with static libraries so that the binary can be run on other machines.
- Include a desktop recording of your app running. You could upload to YouTube and include a link to that.
- Fill out and include this readme.txt file with your work.