Here are guidelines for the final project presentations.
About the Poster
- Poster size is 20" x 30" or 30" x 20". The template provided is landscape layout, but you may modify the template for portrait if you like.
- Include a two images and two small blocks of text on your poster. Some kind of photographic image and a system block diagram are recommended, but this is your choice. For printing on the 2nd floor printer, images should be about 300 to 500 px maximum per edge. Do not try to put a 1000 px image on your poster and then expect to print it on our printer.
- Make sure your project has a cool title.
- Do not do color fills in the background if you are printing on the 2nd floor printer.
- Here is a PPT template for the poster: Attach:ai-poster-template-2011.pptx. It looks like this:
- If you modify the template, please make sure the poster has the UML logo and the CS Department logo on it. If you wish to print out your poster on the 2nd floor machine, downsample the images to be no more than 300 px per edge. Make sure to not distort proportions.
- You may print the poster on the machine in the copy room on the 2nd floor. Here are directions to how to use it: http://www.cs.uml.edu/ecg/index.php/HOWTOs/BigInkjet. Look for the section entitled, How to Print 30x20 Poster.
- 30" x 20" foam core is available in a box in the 2nd floor copy room. The box is located next to the wall on the printer's left side (when you're facing the printer).
- Glue will also be provided in the 2nd floor copy room.