308 Acropolis Rd.
Lowell, MA 01854
- Mar 97-present : Safety Net Solutions Inc.
- Software Engineer : Currently working as a consultant for Dynamics Research
Corporation where I have been involved in the creation of a distributed client server application using Java.
Concurrently I have been involved in a Web publishing project that includes the latest Web technologies such as
to interact and create a community. Have worked on several other Web publishing projects and client/server applications.
Sep 98-present : UMass Lowell Computer Science Department
- Adjunct Faculty : Currently teaching 91.201 : Computing 3, an itroduction to Object Oriented Programming
Jan 96-Aug 96 : UMass Lowell Center for Products and Entrepeneurship
- Research Assistant : Worked on developing a distributed, multiuser, Virtual
Haverhill where users are be able to visit downtown Haverhill, MA, and participate in tours of the city, and
interact with other users and several virtual citizens (actors). The simulation will be accessible through the
WWW via VRML browsers like CyberPassage and Live3D. Virtual Office Buildings will serve as virtual office space
where companies may advertise their services. Billboards along the sidewalks and on the roofs of buildings will
also serve as advertisement. Behaviors of actors and other dynamic entities is achieved through scripting languages
like Java and Tcl/Tk. Schedulling of events and higher level behaviors of actors is achieved through the language
VCLIPS, an extended version of CLIPS developed at UMass Lowell.
- Sep 95-Dec 95 :UMass Lowell Computer Science Department
- Adjunct Faculty : Taught 91.102 : Computing
- Nov-Dec 95 : UMass Lowell Computer Science Department
- Research Assistant : Assisted Prof. William Moloney to improve C code for the airtraffic controller
system for the Department of Transportation and several other Software Engineering activities.
- May-Oct 95 : Charles River Analytics
- Research Assistant : Assisted in the development of an automatic Multiple Target Recognition (MTR) system
for the Navy. We used the combination of two Artificial Intelligence techniques, Neural Networks and Expert Systems
for detecting several types of airborn targets and their intentions (hostile or not). Several Neural Nets were
trained to detect different targets from selected training sets. This module dealt with the low level filtering
of real time data. The results were fed to a Knowledge Based System for high level desicion making. The Neural
Nets were developed as C++ classes and the Expert System in CLIPS.
- Jun 92-Aug 94 : VENCEMOS : Puerto La Cruz,
- Instrumentation Engineer : Suppervised a staff of 10 electrical technitians responsible for the design,
installation and maintenance of industrial data acquisition and actuator equipment.
Thesis Advisor : English title translation: "Expert Fuzzy Controller for Cement Mills 11 and 13 and
Clinker Kiln 6 of VENCEMOS Pertigalete".
Original spanish title: "Systema Experto de Control Difuso para los Molinos 11 y 13 y Horno 6 de VENCEMOS
Pertigalete", published undergraduate thesis by Alexandra Gonzalez, October 1993.
- Internet-related Technology and Tools:
- Porgramming Languages and Tools:
- Java : Visual Cafe
C, C++ : Unix gnu programming tools
- Operating Systems and Applications:
- Unix, Windows 95/NT, MacOS; Poser 2.0; 3DStudio; PhotoShop.
- Sept 95-present : UMass Lowell Computer Science Department
- Doctoral Student (DScCS) : Currently finishing my Doctoral Thesis Dissertation.
Thesis title : "Synthetic Characters : Discourse and Behavior".
The thesis reviews the design and implementation of Discourse driven interface to program Synthetic Characters
that inhabit a Web-based virtual world.
Accumulated Grade Point Average : 3.83
- Sept 94-Aug 95 : UMass Lowell Computer Science Department
- Masters in Computer Science (MSCS).
Accumulated Grade Point Average : 3.80
- Sept 86-Jun 92 : Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas Venezuela
- Bachelor in Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
Published Undergraduate Thesis: English title translation: "Frequency Assignment Plan for Edelca Transmission
Original spanish title: "Plan de Asignacion de Frecuencias para el Systema de Transmision de Edelca.",
- Sept 82-Jun 86 : Saunders Trades and Technical High School, Yonkers New York
- Technical Electronics High School Diploma.
- Place and Date of Birth : Venezuela, 11/21/1968.
- US Residency Status : Resident Alien (Green Card).
- Languages Spoken (other than English) :
- Italian, Spanish, and learning French.
- Marital Status : Married.
- Music : Studied classical piano for 6 years.