11/12/2009: Pen/tablet computing and its relation to multi-touch
- Patrick Baudisch, Edward Cutrell, Dan Robbins, Mary Czerwinski, Peter Tandler, Benjamin Bederson, and Alex Zierlinger (2003). "Drag-and-Pop and Drag-and-Pick: techniques for accessing remote screen content on touch- and pen-operated systems." In Proceedings of Interact 2003.
- Matthew Kam, Jingtao Wang, Alastair Iles, Eric Tse, Jane Chiu, Daniel Glaser, Orna Tarshish and John Canny (2005). "Livenotes: A System for Cooperative and Augmented Note-Taking in Lectures." CHI 2005, April 2-7, 2005, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Joseph J. LaViola Jr. and Robert C. Zeleznik. "MathPad2: A System for the Creation and Exploration of Mathematical Sketches." ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 2004), 23(3):432-440, August 2004.
11/05/2009: Multi-touch for computer gaming and visualization
- Michael S. Horn, Matthew Tobiasz, and Chia Shen (2009). "Visualizing Biodiversity with Voronoi Treemaps." In Proceedings of Sixth Annual International Symposium on Voroni Diagrams in Science and Engineering, June 23-26, 2009, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Maarten Cardinaels, Karel Frederix, Johan Nulens, Dieter Van Rijsselbergen, Maarten Verwaest, and Philippe Bekaert. "A Multi-Touch 3D Set Modeler for Drama Production." Proceedings of the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC 2008), p. 330-335.
- Daniel Stødle, Tor-Magne Stien Hagen, John Markus Bjørndalen, and Otto J. Anshus (2008). "Gesture-Based, Touch-Free Multi-User Gaming on Wall-Sized, High-Resolution Tiled Displays." Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting, Volume 5, no.10.
10/29/2009: Multi-touch for disaster response and robot control
- Bob Bever (2009). "Multi-touch Technology Enabler for Advanced Command and Control." In the 21st Annual Systems & Software Technology
Conference (SSTC), April 20-23 2009, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Huang, E. M., Mynatt, E. D., Trimble, J. P. (2007). "When design just isn't enough: The unanticipated challenges of the real world for large collaborative displays." In the Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Special Issue on Ubiquitous Computing in the Real World.
- Mark Micire, Jill L. Drury, Brenden Keyes, and Holly A. Yanco (2009). "Multi-touch Interaction for Robot Control." Proceedings of the 13th international conference on Intelligent user interfaces, February 08-11, 2009, Sanibel Island, Florida, USA.
- Daisuke Sakamoto, Koichiro Honda, Masahiko Inami, and Takeo Igarashi (2009). "Sketch and Run: A Stroke-based Interface for Home Robots." Proceedings of the 27th international conference on Human factors in computing systems, April 04-09, 2009, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
10/22/2009: Different form factors for multi-touch computing
10/15/2009: Designing GUIs for multi-touch
- Daniel Wigdor, Gerald Penn, Kathy Ryall, Alan Esenther, and Chia Shen (2007). "Living with a Tabletop: Analysis and Observations of Long Term Ofﬁce Use of a Multi-Touch Table." IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-computer Systems, ISBN: 978-0-7695-2013-1, October 2007.
- Stacey D. Scott, M. Sheelagh T. Carpendale, and Kori M. Inkpen (2004). "Territoriality in Collaborative Tabletop Workspaces." CSCW’04, November 6–10, 2004, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Mark Hancock and Sheelagh Carpendale (2007). "Supporting Multiple Off-Axis Viewpoints at a Tabletop Display." Second Annual IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-Computer System.
- Yvone Rogers and Sian Lindley. "Collaborating around large interactive displays: which way is best to meet?" Interacting with Computers, Volume 16, Issue 6, December 2004, Pages 1133-1152.
10/08/2009: Designing gesture sets
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Andrew D. Wilson (2009). "User-Defined Gestures for Surface Computing." CHI 2009, April 4-9, 2009, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Mike Wu, Chia Shen, Kathy Ryall, Clifton Forlines, and Ravin Balakrishnan (2006). "Gesture Registration, Relaxation, and Reuse for Multi-Point Direct-Touch Surfaces." Proceedings of the First IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-Computer Systems (TABLETOP ’06).
- Mark Micire, Munjal Desai, Amanda Courtemanche, Katherine M. Tsui, and Holly A. Yanco (2009). "Analysis of Natural Gestures for Controlling Robot Teams on Multi-touch Tabletop Surfaces." ITS ’09, November 23-25, 2009, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
10/01/2009: Group interaction
- Carl Gutwin and Saul Greenberg (2000). "The Mechanics of Collaboration: Developing Low Cost Usability Evaluation Methods for Shared Workspaces." IEEE 9th International Workshop on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WET-ICE'00), June 14-16, 2000, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.
- Cheryl A. Bolstad and Mica R. Endsley (2005). "Choosing Team Collaboration Tools: Lessons from Disaster Recovery Efforts." Ergonomics in Design: The Quarterly of Human Factors Applications, Volume 13, Number 4, Fall 2005 , pp. 7-14.
- Jonathan Grudin (1988). "Why CSCW Applications Fail: Problems in the Design and Evaluation of Organizational Interfaces." Proc Conf on ComputerSupported Cooperative Work (CSCW), ACM Press, Pages: 85-93.
09/17/2009: Multi-touch technologies
- Jefferson Y. Han (2005). "Low-Cost Multi-Touch Sensing through Frustrated Total Internal Reﬂection." UIST '05, October 23-27, 2005, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Johannes Schöning, Peter Brandl, Florian Daiber, Florian Echtler, Otmar Hilliges, Jonathan Hook, Markus Löchtefeld, Nima Motamedi, Laurence Muller, Patrick Olivier, Tim Roth, and Ulrich von Zadow (2008). "Multi-Touch Surfaces: A Technical Guide."
09/10/2009: Usability and feedback