mtg 13: Course Review
• mtg 13 html
mtg 12: Research Papers
• mtg 12 html
mtg 7: Robot Vision
• lab 7 html
mtg 6: LabVIEW Embedded for Blackfin
• lab 6 html
mtg 5: VDK (visual dsp++ kernel)
• lab 5 html
• VDK manual index html
mtg 4: laser cutter
• lab 4 html
mtg 3: FPGA design/implementation
• lab 3 html
• control eng 1800-1930, pp. 96152 no link
• Xilinx Spartan 3E XC3S250E
data sheet pdf
• Xilinx Quick Start pdf
mtg 2: sensors/motors/arch/control
• lab 2 html
• control eng 1800-1930, pp. 5195 no link
• dynamic pwr mgm't, from BF537 data home page html
• sensors html
mtg 1: intro
• syllabus html
• BF-HB manual & schems no link
• BF537 manual (pages 1-13) pdf
• DSP guide zip
• control eng 1800-1930, pp. 1-50 no link
• lab 1 html files
91.548 Meeting 13: Course Review
What We Did This Semester
- week 1. intro to the HB; code that talks to the D/A,
understanding FPGA boot process; started control engineering
- week 2. pink/white noise; PID control.
- week 3. intro to FPGA's and Xilink WebPack software.
- week 4. more discussion on feedback systems; intro to the
- week 5. discussion of robot behavior; intro to Analog's VDK
- week 6. invited lecture on LabVIEW Embedded.
- week 7. fred's tutorial on LabVIEW Embedded.
- week 8. intro to machine vision; color spaces.
- week 9. Botfest proposal presentations.
- week 10. invited lectures on Reviving Seminal Microprocessor
- Botfest on Saturday, April 8.
- week 11. DARPA grand challenge video & discussion.
- week 12. academic paper critique.
- week 13. this week - review.
- week 14. final project presentations.
- week 1. initial description of mech feedback system; LED
on/off loop code; beep code
- week 2. revised description of feedback system; pink or
white noise generator; basic sensors with HB; quadrature sensor and
feedback position control on HB.
- week 3. some kind of FPGA project.
- week 4. short research paper on servo-mech system; laser
- week 5. VDK project; short summary/synthesis of two robot
control research papers; inventionDB.com presence.
- week 7. a LabVIEW Embedded project.
- week 8. some kind of vision project; project plan for
- weeks 9 through 10. work on Botfest projects.
- weeks 11 through end. work on final projects.
- week 12. assignment of 3 page final paper in CHI format.
What's Due By End of Semester
- some appropriate subset of weeks 1 - 8 assignments.
- a web presence for your final project, preferably on
- a PPT style presentation for next week. This will be given in
class by each group, so it must be ready by May 10. The PPT (or
equivalent) itself must be available at your project's web site no
later than May 17.
- the 3 page CHI-format paper. These can be co-authored (and
should be so for group projects). This paper should be posted to your
project's web site no later than May 17. This paper should have high
style points i.e., please edit it well: use correct spelling and
grammar, and make it look nice. You can find the CHI formatting
- also: a 2-3 page essay that should focus on two things: (a)
what you have personally gotten out of this class, learning-wise (what
worked? what didn't? what are you now interested in that you didn't
know about before?) and (b) what you personally have worked
on/contributed to over the course of the semester. This must be
prepared individually. I am much less interested in the
spelling/grammar/formatting of this paper than the content. (That is,
the content matters and the other stuff doesn't.)
How to turn in. The individual essay should be emailed to me
no later than May 17, along with a URL to your project's web site.
Items 3 (the PPT) and 4 (the paper) should not be emailed to
me, because they should be there on your project's site.
Other material can be emailed to me as necessary.
Wednesday, 03-May-2006 17:06:17 EDT