Refactor and cpplint
This assignment is an opportunity to make up lost points on a prior assignment, and to gain experience using Google's
cpplint code style tool.
- Pick any prior assignment
- Get all code files to pass the tests done by
- Package them up and submit
Google's style guide is here: http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.html
cpplint.py file can be retrieved from http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cpplint/cpplint.py
cpplint.py file on your machine, and then:
chmod +x cpplint.py
sudo mv cpplint.py /usr/local/bin
Now, you can style-check a file using
cpplint.py as an executable:
Alternately, you could run it using Python:
python cpplint.py filename
We've agreed to turn off certain warnings. At present, you may run with:
cpplint.py --filter=-runtime/references,-build/header_guard --extensions=cpp,hpp
Package your work
- Put your files in the subdirectory called psx.
- Create a file called psx-readme.txt. The first line of this file must contain the name of the assignment, by itself, e.g. ps1 or ps3b. In the rest of the file, explain which changes you made to the original homework.
- Use the
tarcommand from the parent directory of your
psxto compress your directory structure:
tar czvf <archive-file-name>.tar.gz psx