Kronos Time Clock: Full Challenge
This is an optional, extra-credit assignment.
In this assignment, we continue the analysis of the Kronos InTouch time clock logs.
Here is a summary of the whole assignment:
- Verify device boot up timing (already done in part A.)
- Verify device services startup
- Verify device software upgrades.
In this portion of the assignment, we will doing (2) and (3).
Extend your work from PS7a so it reports all of these.
The whole assignment is here: Attach:Intouch Startup Log Parsing_03.pdf
Your code should produce the output in the same format as the samples: Attach:report_samples.tar.gz
Extend you code from PS7a to implement service start-up verification:
- As you process the device boot section of the log, collect and store the information on service start-up.
- After you print the device boot report (whether failed or not), print the list of services, as in the samples. Any service that hasn't completed starting at the end of device boot is considered failed to start.
- Do not accept service start-up completion lines after the end of the device boot section.
Then implement softload verification. For each softload section you should extract 4 lines from the log:
- Start of softload
- Original version line
- New version line
- End of softload
Collect all the information in the softload section before printing the output.
You must use regular expressions to parse the file.
Submit the following:
- Your source code
.cppfile and any header file.
- Your Makefile.
- Output from running your code on each of the five InTouch log files. Your output files must be named
- A filled-out copy of the
Submit as follows:
- Martin section: https://grader.cs.uml.edu/assignments/506
- Grinberg section: https://grader.cs.uml.edu/assignments/507
|core implementation||4||full & correct implementation=4 pts; nearly complete=3pts; part way=2 pts; started=1 pt|
|use of Boost time methods||2||please use them|
|output files included||2||full & correct = 2 pts; partial = 1 pt; absent = 0 pt|
|Makefile||2||Makefile included and has rules for "all" and "clean"|
|Readme||4||2 pts for describing regexs in readme; 2 pts for discussion|